The grant committee, led by Gerrie Flaven has been hard at work Building Strength and Community in Rolando Park.
The University Avenue improvement group has been busy meeting and working to support current businesses and find ways to encourage new businesses in our neighborhood. Next meeting of the University Avenue group is Saturday September 13th at 9 AM at a private residence on Bing Street. Let us know if you want to be involved.
Lean and Clean, led by Audrey Ledesma, continued to hold monthly neighborhood clean ups and participated in the University Avenue Clean Up sponsored by Mission Brew Coffee Company. The next Lean and Clean is Saturday September 6 at 8 AM at College and Racine.
Our RPCC September meeting on Monday September 8 will include:
- Dustin Nickerson of the Kroc Center, presenting on all their wonderful programs
- Gerrie Flaven filling us in on The San Diego Foundation grant activities
- Presentation of the RPCC nominating committee - Board elections for the 2015 year will be held in November.
- Discussion and vote on board recommendation to change RPCC from a 501c4 to a 501c3
- Announcements from Darnisha Hunter of the Mayor's office, Jimmie Slack from Councilwoman Myrtle Cole's office, Principal Meng of Rolando Park Elementary School and Officer Terry Hoskins of SDPD.